Failure to Diversify

This claim is made when a stockbroker/financial advisor fails to recommend an appropriate allocation of your assets into different investment classes.  In other words, if an advisor recommends investments in stocks rather than fixed income investments, such as bonds, and the percentage of stocks is too high, a claim for money damages may exist.